It’s a testament to my wife that my kids get more excited for putting on their costumes than they do eating candy. It’s a testament to their father that they know Michael Jackson’s Thriller as well as anything by Taylor Swift.
Here’s five more songs they’ll know by the end of the weekend.
5. “Monster Mash” (Bobby “Boris” Pickett & the Crypt-Kickers, 1962)
4. “Dead Man’s Party” (Oingo Boingo, 1985)
3. “People Are Strange” (Echo & the Bunnymen, 1987)
2. “Halloween” (The Misfits, 1981)
1. “Werewolves of London” (Warren Zevon, 1978)
One thought on “Friday Five: Boo!”
My primary Halloween music memory is about Bruce Springsteen (what else is new). We’ve seen him twice on Halloween, once our first-ever Bruce show in 1975, and second in LA in 1980. (For some reason, we’ve seen him 16 times total in October.) It’s the LA show that sticks in my mind … he was brought out on stage in a coffin, and proceeded to open with “Haunted House”.