A month ago, the top o my list was a genuine Chicana/o voice in the White House. Since Obama gave us that gift a little early, here’s my top five:
1. World Peace (if not for the whole world then just the parts of it with which this nation is currently and violently fucking);
2. For people who call themselves “Christians” to actually start to live up to the teaching of Jesus Christ on a scale that lets me be okay with 12 years of Catholic school;
3. An end to the kinds of fear, anger, and hate–and the ignorance fueling them–among this society’s more xenophobic segments;
4. A firm realization by a majority of this polity that there is not and never has been anything remotely similar to the theoretical construct of “laissez faire” capitalism and that you wouldn’t want it anyways; and
5. An official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time, of course!
Merry holidaze and all that…